- 3D blends are created the same way as 2D blends, via the right click context menu.
- Currently three 3D blend tools available:
- Right click on the blend list and choose the Start new blend … option from the context menu.
- Name the new blend to something unique and select the Single 3D Volume blend tool type. Click on the Ok button.
- Drag a 3D dataset from the dataset list onto the blend node. This will link the dataset to the blend tool. Note that 3D datasets must be dragged from Windows Explorer directly, in order to be loaded into the IEP Data list.
- Right click on the blend tool to access the blender options via the context menu. Choose an appropriate option for the data field and the voxel mode to be displayed. Note that the burden on the graphic card rendering increases from Point mode to Wireframe mode.
- Now choose a Blending mode through the context menu. Manipulate the blender controls to control the visualisation.
- Experiment with the other Blending modes, and/or with the Dual 3D blender. Note that a 3D view can be rotated via the arrow keys, and zoomed in/out with the mouse wheel.