- Display a blend or a dataset that reveals some structural or lithological information (such as magnetic data by itself, or blended gravity and magnetic data).
- Right click on the interp group list and select the Start new group … option from the context menu.
- Choose a unique group Name, select the draw style to be Lines and a colour (Figure 5).
- Add two custom attributes: an integer attribute named Age with no default value and a string attribute named Notes with a default value of “none”. Click on the Add button after creating each attribute to assign to the group. Then click on the Ok button to finish.
- Create another feature group by repeating Steps 2 – 3, but choose the Polygons draw style with a different name and colour. Leave the custom attributes list empty.
Figure 5: Creating and setting properties for a new interpretation group.